Friday, February 8, 2008
Steven's Big Boy Bed
It is official. Steven is now sleeping in his crib. We made the BIG move on Tuesday night. He woke for his usual feedings and then went right back to sleep. My heart ached watching my son sleep in his crib so soundly. I was mixed with emotion because I was so proud of him yet sad because he is growing too quickly. Ultimately I think Ken and I are able to get more and better sleep. Today is the first day where I feel well rested. Maybe we should have done this sooner??? Oh well.....Now we need to work on sleeping longer than 3 hours. SOON!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow! what a big step! so proud of steven! (and you too mommy!!) now, the real question is, "have you stopped sleeping on the futon in the nursery yet??) ha/ha.
love you!
courtney
O.K. Courtney busted me....I only used the futon for one shift on the first night. We hooked up the monitor system you all had sent. It worked well and really put my mind at ease until 5:30am when the alarm goes off. My heart jumped out of my body. I ran to the nursery ready to jolt Steven when to my eyes I saw a sleeping little boy who had moved close to the edge of the crib where the motion cannot be detected. Either way....thank you for the monitor....it has helped with this big transition.
That is a big step. I'm sure Steven has figured out by now that his devoted parents will always be close at hand even though they may be in a different room.
You know that he will also be getting a better quality of sleep in the crib. He will be more comfortable in there as time goes by and he begins to be more interested in the surroundings.
Post a Comment