Two Months Old with his first MickeySteven was two months old on January 14th. (kind of late with the post) This two month mark was a big change for me. Steven was having some digestive issues with my breast milk so our doctor put him on a "special" formula for two weeks. He was doing very well until one night I became quite scared with some unusual noises he was making while breathing. I found out later it was GER (reflux) so now he needs to take some medicine twice a day and he needs to stay on the formula. I was adjusting to this news when he became sick with a virus. In case you all don't remember, I am a "nervous" person when it comes to any kind of illness. He was extremely congested and his cough was breaking my heart. We spent four to five days in a room with a humidifier only escaping for dinner and steam showers. I guess I was being kind of dramatic but he has recovered well and I now know I can handle a cold. Some positive news....Steven feels better, is eating more, and he now smiles when he recognizes our faces. I wake up every day excited to see his smile!! There is nothing like it!
What team am I on?
My brother Kane sent Steven this onsie for Christmas. Until now Steven was representing Auburn so we needed some Concordia gear too! Here's our future Cobber!
4 comments:
Can't wait to see ya'll! The weather is looking bad for Friday morning when we fly out, but hopefully we won't be delayed! Love the pictures, and don't worry about being "nervous." Better safe than sorry, right? I had a breakdown 1 night when Lawson was about month or so old and I thought the cheapo diaper he was wearing was giving him a rash around the belly. I called my mom in tears to tell her to call my little brother (who lives in bham) to go get pamper swaddlers asap! to this day, we only use pampers! ha.
Thanks for the words of encouragemtn. Parenting is one of the most rewarding experiences but I have realized I will always be overprotective! We are so excited to see you all. Let us know if you need anything before you get here.
We may be a bit prejudiced, but what a beautiful baby! We are really looking forward to your visit since we've only seen Steven as a new born. All parents relate to your nervousness on occasion. We've been there & felt that. It comes with the territory. We are glad Steven is doing so well now. Love, Ellen & Mel
I received Peyton's Cobber shirt in the mail today. I can't believe how much bigger Steven looks in these pictures. Looks like he is eating good. His face is filling out nicely. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment