Steven went to the doctor last week for his 15 month check up. He was not happy to see the nurse. This was by far the hardest visit we have had. He screamed and we had the most difficult time measuring his weight because he wouldn't lie still. At first she said he was 25lbs and I was a little shocked so she tried again and then she said it was 23lbs even. If we did it again it would probably say 24lbs so who really knows. I know he is getting much heavier and my arms are feeling the pain. He was 31 inches long. He continues to fall in the 49th percentile for height/weight combination. The doctor said he may be 5'9". How they figure this I'm not sure!!! I have been very concerned with his language development because I have heard many different things such as they need to say 40 words before 2 and I have heard of doctors sending the little ones off to speech therapy. So when I brought it up she told me as long as they can phrase three two-word phrases by 2 he is fine. I did tell her he says dada, ba for bath, tickle-tickle, and "Oh Gu for Oh God (Oops that would be me!) but the rest of his vocabulary is still babbles. She said he was fine and we have many more months before he will be 2. We do have to go back next week for one more shot because they were out of the vaccination at the time of our visit.
Other updates:
1. He loves putting stuff into containers such as the trash cans, bathtubs, waterfountains, and toilets.
2. He can stack blocks.
3. He can go down the curly slide all by himself.
4. He knows how to move things to make a step stool for himself.
5. Oh.....he eats regular veggies now...no more food processor.
6. Finally, his bottom eye teeth are making their way so we will have a mouth full of 20 teeth very soon. We have even started to brush them every night. He loves it!
Every day I am amazed at how quickly he changes. Ken still tells me he is still our "little guy" but it is breaking my heart watching him turn from a baby into a little boy!
3 comments:
wow - what a big boy! so glad he's eating good.
Remember the day we took his picture in Minnesota with the winter coat? Not really comparable. Can't wait to hear ad see him in a couple of weeks. I am willing to bet that he probably says more words than you note.
I am still here and have been keeping up with Steven on your blog. I should be back commenting now that things have calmed down for the Lawsons and Longs.
I think every family has a disasterous trip story. I have more than one but they make great stories when they are grown!
I love the winter coat picture that show off those beautiful eyes.
Joy
Post a Comment