Sunday, September 27, 2009

Saturday Lunch

I want to start by apologizing for the delay in updates. It has been very crazy in the Long household. I have been overwhelmed with balancing home and school. I think I may need to win the lottery so I can stay home and focus on TWO things: Ken and Steven. Anyway, Ken and I try to have some kind of family outing each Saturday so I made a lunch reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort. We needed to use Ken's 50% coupon before it expires so this was going to be perfect. I had big plans! We were going to get there around 9:00 and take Steven over to the campgrounds so he could play on the playground and go on a pony ride. Then we would head back to the resort for the endless BBQ skillet!

It's Saturday morning, 8:30, and Steven wakes up saying, "Oh man!" I turn to notice we are ALL sleeping!!! We slowly get ready and head off to the resort. We finally arrive around 10:15, so much for going to the campground! So...we walk around the resort, go down to the pool, look at the boats, and then head up to the cafe. It is now 10:50 and our reservation was for 11:05. I notice syrup bottles still on the tables so when I went to check-in I made sure to confirm we were having lunch not breakfast. NOPE...lunch does not start until 11:30. Luckily they pushed our reservation back so we had a few more minutes to waste. Once we were seated we informed our server we would be using Ken's coupon....NOPE...there was a blackout date because of the free dining plan. I guess I had two strikes but luckily there was no third. The food was delicious and Steven was able to participate in the horse race. He had a blast!!


Ken drinks diet cokes rather quickly so when he asked for another one, the server made this loud spectacle and brought out this large jar of diet coke. It was very funny!!!

5 comments:

Courtney Long said...

Looks like fun. I'm with you on winning the lottery! I dream about it often!!

courtney said...

by the way, that picture of him in the rocking chair is great! he is just beautiful! those eyes are amazing!

Lobsterfamilyof5 said...

hes getting so big. too cute

LAKER LONGS said...

Looked like great fun. Brought back happy memories of early Disney days. Al 0f you look great. We can hardly believe that the precious curly haired blond angel will be 2 next month.

StaceyC said...

Steven looks so big in these pictures!!