Steven went to the doctor for his 3 year check up this week. It started off with him running away from the car toward the entrance of the parking lot while holding his doctor kit yelling, " I don't like doctor!" I had to chase after him, and somehow convinced him to go in and see the nurse..not the doctor! He was still quite upset, but eventually settled down, and we were able to complete the exam.
He grew 5 inches this past year and now stands a tall, 39". Doctor Garcia said he should average out around 5'11". He also gained 5lbs and now weighs 35lbs. For the first time, he is in the 70th percentiles for height and weight. Three years ago, he was in the 3rd percentile.
I still have some concerns with his speech and his ability to answer questions. The doctor asked me for an example. Steven, tell me what you did today at school? Then the doctor told me most teenagers won't answer that questions..I need to be more specific. You would think, being an elementary teacher, I should know certain things about language development, etc. I can teach them how to read, spell, write, comprehend, two digit multiplication, and much more but I cannot get my child to talk or answer questions. Hmmmm???? All in all, the doctor said his is doing great, which we are extremely thankful for!!
No comments:
Post a Comment