Saturday, June 28, 2008

How does this work??

Steven started going through a new phase where he needs to investigate everything. I believe he wants to figure out how things are made or how they work. We will be sitting on the couch and he will notice the side table and then needs to bend over and check it out from a bottom view. He looks under lampshades, tables, plants, everything!! If it has a handle, he will find it and will only hold it by the handle. I call him our little "engineer." Anyway, he noticed the swing the other day and sat there trying to figure out how it works. He started to push it so I decided to place his Mickey in for a ride.

4 comments:

Louise A Ferry said...

Steven is changing so fast. Can't wait to see him next week. Curiosity is a sign that he is definitely feeling better.

Garvey said...

So cute! Love the progression of pictures here.

I don't know if you've "baby-proofed" anything yet. We never bothered doing any of that in our house, but then again, you've got Mr. Curious on your hands now... Once he's mobile, look out, world!

Celebration Longs said...

I did recently put the outlet covers in. Our doctor said be prepared because once he gets going, watch out! We moved our coffee table a while ago but that's it. I'm hoping to teach him what he can and cannot touch. We will need to make sure anything heavy cannot be tipped over.

Garvey said...

Your approach sounds great. Everyone has to find that balance between removing objects, etc., and teaching the kids what to do or not do. And a lot of the time, you'll end up making decisions to protect the object rather than the child. ;-)