Monday, November 19, 2007
The Birth Story
It was five o'clock on Tuesday evening. I was still at school grading papers. My back started to ache so I decided it was time to go home, rest, and start making dinner. I got up from my desk when I felt something gush. I then started to walk a little further and the same feelings continued. I quickly went to the bathroom and realized that something wasn't right. I called my doctor's office. They adivsed me to head home and rest and if there are any more fluids to come in to the hospital. So, I drove home, waked in the door, and found myself standing in a puddle. I quickly call the doctor's office again and they told me to come in. My friend Michelle was on the phone with me so she contacted Ken as I drove myself to the hospital. I couldn't believe this was happening so I called my mom. I pulled up to the emergency parking and found no available spaces. My mom told me to park the car in front of the doors but I was afraid I would receive a ticket so I left and parked in the public parking lot. As I was walking into the hospital my pants were soaked. I approached the registration desk and they told me to walk to the elevator and go up to labor and delivery. My mom was shocked nobody was helping me. Oh well......I entered labor and delivery, was tested for amniotic fluid, Ken arrived, and were told we were going to have a baby. So....we asked when????? The nurse said, tonight or tomorrow morning. Eight hours after my water broke, Steven Mitchell was born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the story, make sure you write it down for that little guy! :)
We're so happy for you! Can't wait to come visit our new nephew!
love you,
courtney, dave, and lawson
Of course there was going to be some drama involved with your delivery. Glad you are all doing well.
Sonja
Post a Comment