Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Ken

It was Ken's birthday on Tuesday, April 8th.  Here is a picture of Steven with his Daddy.  Guess how old Ken will be next year????  Hint:  He may need to go over the hill to find out!!!

Here's Daddy with his first birthday card from Steven.

I wanted to make him a special cake and attempted to create a lemon pound cake like the one his mom makes.  Well.....little advice...NEVER do this WITHOUT the recipe.  I thought it looked o.k., it smelled like lemon, but when Ken had his first bite he only said, "Wow!  That's lemon!!"  He would never say he didn't like it but I could tell...so after school I went to Cold Stone and bought him an icecream cake.  He was surprised when he got home.  Everyone needs to have a birthday cake they enjoy eating!!!!  I guess I'll leave the lemon pound cake to Ellen!

  
Mmmmmm...Which cake would you choose???


1 comment:

Courtney Long said...

haha. you're so thoughtful. good for you for attempting to bake a cake! looking forward to the big 4-0 next year! happy bday, ken!