He has achieved all of the milestone accomplishments except the language development. I have worried about his lack of speech for a while. He understands almost everything but cannot express himself with words. He knows 5 words and if he does not gain two additional words by 21 months we need to bring him back for an evaluation. Lots can happen in the next few months and the doctor did not appear to be too concerned. Guess we will be doing lots of flash cards in the next couple of months! :)
Maybe this is why he isn't talking!!!!!
3 comments:
I know how stressful it is to be concerned about your child's development and progress, and I know how it is not helpful when people say, "oh don't worry about it" - so I won't say that! I just understand, and I hope you are feeling better soon about the situation. :)
I guess that "Hi there" would be two of the five words that he knows? Perhaps he says more than you realize. Flash cards might make him more resistant. It is better to do it in a more natural way. Pay attention to the words that he hears from you and Ken. See you soon.
Language update...he now says "nana" for banana and he will even say all done...so that makes 8 words..whoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment