Monday, May 11, 2009

Relay for Life

This Friday I am walking on Celebration School's Faculty and Friends team for Relay for Life. I have always wanted to get involved. Twelve years ago my dad lost his battle to cancer and since then I have lost many more relatives. I currently am teaching with a wonderful and brave lady who found out she has stage four lung cancer. The cancer spread and two weeks after having brain surgery performed she is back in the classroom teaching. She is a strong woman and because of her and others we walk. I know it can be a difficult economic time for many but if you would like to donate you can visit the link.

Thanks so much!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shawna--

I learned about your blog from Stephen. He had sent me the link in order to show me photos of your Steven, who is a sweetheart!

Thanks for doing the ACS relay this year. I have sent in a donation for your team.

-Jen Cairns

Celebration Longs said...

Thanks Jen for supporting ACS!! You are very sweet and thoughtful!!!