Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to Work

Students returned to school last week. I was a little nervous teaching 4th grade this year and I have to admit I felt a little like a first year teacher again but I love 4th grade. They can read, write, are excited to learn and know right from wrong. I have 21 students in my class and they are all precious. I think this is going to be a wonderful year!

Steven has been doing much better with me going back to work too. Na-ne Jennifer is watching him again so he is thrilled as are we. He was a little upset with me the first week but now he blows kisses and is happy to see me when I come home. I do miss my summer days with him however I keep thinking Thanksgiving break is right around the corner!

3 comments:

Garvey said...

"They can read, write, are excited to learn and know right from wrong."

You're so lucky. When I taught high school, I couldn't say the same about all my students! Sometimes 0 for 4 on that list!!!

Dave Long said...

Glad to hear that the 4th graders aren't being too rough on you.

Courtney Long said...

Glad work is going well, and Steven is adjusting!! Hope ya'll have a nice weekend.