Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swimming; 1-2-3

We were at the pool this weekend showing daddy what Steven has learned so far in swimming school. The instructor has the kids get out of the pool safely and then come back in using the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty along with a 1-2-3 count down before they enter in an underwater scoop. Steven was not a huge fan in the beginning but now enjoys it. So far I am very pleased with the swim classes and will continue with them throughout the year. He is very impulsive and I wanted him to understand and respect water which I feel he is beginning to learn.

He was a little distracted by the water going into the drains.

3 comments:

Dave Long said...

Looks like he's doing really well. We've been meaning to get Lawson in some type of formal instruction but just haven't gotten around to it. Good luck!

Lobsterfamilyof5 said...

cute...he is doing really well. :)

Louise A Ferry said...

I think that the swimming lessons are great. He does love the water as we saw during the visit in Minnesota. Time has gone by too quickly as the visit comes to a close. Will miss you all.