The dreaded day arrived!! I had to return to work on March 3rd. It was the toughest day of my life. I cried for most of the day and Steven cried for most of the morning. Tuesday went a little smoother. I cried for part of the day and Steven didn't cry. Wednesday and Thursday produced less tears for me until Friday when Steven screamed for Ken.
I was hoping the second week would go a little smoother. Monday started out with Steven screaming for Ken again. I left work early and took Steven to the doctor to make sure there was nothing medically wrong with him. Of course, he was just fine thankfully and the screaming is all part of the change. So...Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were good days for everyone. The big day was today, Friday. Steven was spending the day with his daddy again and .............. no TEARS!!!!! Hearing your child cry over the phone is like tearing your insides out because there is nothing you can do to help. Knowing your child is receiving the best love, attention, and is happy while you are away is worth everything. It isn't easy working. I would much rather be home with Steven. I am trying my best to find the positives in this situation:
1. Steven is spending quality time with his father.
2. Steven is able to trust other people. (His sitter Allissa is wonderful!!!! I teach with her husband.)
3. Steven gets to play with Mia. Allissa's two year old daughter.
4. The different schedule has allowed Steven to sleep for SEVEN hours the past two nights. (I was hoping this was going to be every night but I am sitting at the computer creating this post at 1:46am!)
I am very thankful I was able to spend almost 16 weeks with Steven. Spring Break is right around the corner too. Then we have April and May before the glorious Summer Vacation. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as our family goes through this transition. I'm not sure if it gets easier but I know I am learning to cope!!
5 comments:
so glad friday went well! i totally understand where you're coming from. love you!
You are doing great and every day gets a little easier! I'm very proud of you!
It sounds like you are doing much better. I am glad! :)
I have made three weeks and am sooooo happy to have a three day weekend. Next week is another four days and then ten wonderful days with my two guys!!
You deserve your upcoming vacation. You will all enjoy it. Love Elen
Post a Comment