Friday, March 7, 2008

Our First Road Trip

Ken and I decided to drive up to Alabama to see his family before my maternity leave ended. We had everything packed and hit the road as soon as Steven ate which was around 10:30am. The trip normally takes 8 hours. Ken and I agreed we were going to make the trip as relaxing as possible with no attempts to beat our driving record......on that note.....Steven slept in the car all the way to Tifton, GA. which is half way. Ken was trilled and I could suddenly sense his competitive side coming out, but he did a great job and made the second half as stressfree as possible. We arrived to Grandmother and Grandfather Longs in just 9hours. I guess you could say our first trip was a success!!




Grandfather Long knows just how to make Steven happy!!





We were excited to have Steven meet his Uncle Stephen for the first time. Little Steven loved his Uncle!!!





We also were able to see Uncle Dave, Aunt Courtney, and Cousin Lawson! Dave and Courtney brought Lawson's exersaucer so we wanted to see if Steven was ready. I guess he was. We went out and bought him his own as soon as we got home.





We had a great trip and cannot wait until our next trip this summer!!!

1 comment:

Courtney Long said...

It was fun seeing the boys together. I'm glad Steven was able to enjoy the exersaucer. He is really adorable - beautiful blue eyes! We love ya'll!!