Sunday, July 6, 2008

Remembering Grandma Ferry


Today would have been my Grandma Ferry's 89th birthday. She passed away last August and I miss her lots. Ken and I were able to visit and see her last summer. She never had the opportunity to meet Steven but we were able to tell her we were having a boy. This picture was taken a few summers ago up at the lake. Here is my Grandma with all her children except my father of course.

Front Row: Uncle Jim, Grandma, Aunt Jean, Aunt MaryEllen
Back Row: Aunt Leanne, Uncle John, Uncle Charles

As I prepare for our trip to MN on Thursday it reminded me of last summer. I remember Grandma telling me how she wished, wished, wished Sonja and Jason could have a baby. Well, I guess her wishes came true. She would be so happy and I know she will be there with us on July 13th as we celebrate their upcoming baby.

We will always love you Grandma!!

4 comments:

The Moerkes said...

I love that picture! Everyone looks so happy to be together. I am sure your Grandma and your dad will be with you as you celebrate with Sonja.

Joy said...

Really sweet. I hope my grandkids feel that way about me!

Courtney Long said...

Hi Shawna,
Sorry we've been playing phone tag! As you requested, here are some suggestions for your plane ride:
. pack 2 cans of ready-to-serve formula (allowed thru security)
. feed bottle as plane is about to take off
. also allowed to take on baby food if necessary
. pack food & spoon in ziplock (easy to locate by yourself)
. don't put shoes on baby until after security (they have to come off too otherwise)
. dress baby warmly (planes are usually cold & no blankets)
. chk airline website to "view seats" choices the night before & day of flt; try to move seat where no one is sitting beside you.
. Take birth cert w you. You're always supposed to have it, but rarely do they ask. I have been asked a couple of times though.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Lobsterfamilyof5 said...

have a great trip. If you have a toy that sticks to the highchair top, take it to stick on the fold down table-top. Also make sure he is sucking on something during take off and landing! :)