Steven and I arrived in Minnesota safely. We were delayed in the Orlando airport for one hour but fortunately they allowed Ken to escort us to our gate so we were able to spend an extra hour with Daddy before we left. The flight went rather smoothly. Steven cried twice. The first time was right when the plane was beginning to move. He settled down once I gave him his bottle. Then he slept for 1 1/2 hours!!! Yeah!!!! He woke up and played for the next hour. I learned how to change him in an airplane bathroom too. Then he started to cry again during the landing but I know this was due to his ears. He didn't want the pacifier so I just made another bottle and He was able to fall asleep again. My mom, sister Stephanie, and neice Chauntel all met us at baggage. We had to wait quite a while for our luggage but it worked out well because we were able to feed Steven his dinner while we waited. Finally we ventured off for the last leg of the trip. The 2 1/2 hour car ride to Benson. Steven did great until Litchfield (halfway). We had to stop and let him get out of the car, change his diaper, and get some fresh air. Then we were off. He slept all the way to Grandma's house. Overall, quite a success.
He has been great!!! He is on his normal schedudle. Today we are off to Alexandria, MN to visit Carlos Creek Winery. I am also going to meet up with one of my best friends, Keila while we are up there.
Weather update.....the weather was tropical (HOT & HUMID) when we arrived but last night there were terrible storms and toradoes so the temperature really cooled off. Today the high is 75. Can you believe it???? Middle July!!! I hope the one pair of pants I brought for Steven will still fit him. Tomorrow will be 78 and then low 80's for the rest of the week. Gotta love Minnesota!!!!
I will hopefully post some pictures later this weekend.
4 comments:
So glad things are going so well!! Congrats to Steven for doing so well on his first flight!! Glad you were able to update while you are gone!
Glad you made it ok. Have fun!
What a good boy! Have a great time while you are there. Can't wait to see the pcitures. :)
So glad your trip went well. Just a little planning makes a world of difference. I can't wait to see Steven again. Courtney speaks of him so often and with the blog I feel so close to him.
Lawson's MeMe
Post a Comment