Have you ever been truly embarrassed in public? Well, my most embarrassing moment happened two weeks ago while at our school's fundraiser. It was a crowded evening at the local Chick-fil-A where families were enjoying an evening of games, food, and fundraising. The parking lot is rather small, so Ken hopped out and went inside to order the food while I parked the car. After finding a great spot, I walked in with Steven, found a booth, and noticed some of the Kindergarten parents glancing my way. I even overheard part of a comment, "Oh...she does." I assumed it was a comment about my deliciously handsome son. So I settled in and then decided we would try our luck at the spin-a-wheel game. (Don't forget...Ken is up at the counter waiting for our order). My friend Natalie is running the wheel and Steven is getting a little frustrated because he would rather have the straw than spin so the next thing I know, Ken is standing behind me, whispering sternly into my ear...."Shawna....Shawna..." I, the good, loving wife...ignore him and continue to talk to Natalie all while thinking Ken is embarrassed with Steven's whines. Ken continues to try and get my attention, so finally I asked him what was wrong. His reply........YOU SPLIT YOUR PANTS!!!
What???
"YOU HAVE A HUMONGOUS TEAR ACROSS THE BACK END OF YOUR JEANS!!!!"

I proceed to feel my butt and yes indeed....it is big. I pull my sweater down, head back to our booth, and feel the redness cover my face. That comment was not about my son but rather about by back end. To make matters worse..I was wearing tan undergarments which made it look like I had nothing on!
Now that's embarrassing!!!
2 comments:
good for you for laughing along too AND posing for a picture!
Oh.....it has happens to everybody at some point...or at least it happened to me!
Post a Comment