Friday, August 22, 2008

Nine Month Checkup

We took Steven to the doctor for his nine month checkup today. He weighs 18lbs 8oz which puts him in the 25th percentile for weight. He grew two inches in length and is now 28 inches which is 44th percentile. His head circumference was 18inches and the 66th percentile. Overall, he falls right below the 50th percentile and is growing and developing beautifully. Our next visit will be his 12 month checkup. I can't believe he will soon be turning one!!!

I now need to start shopping for a new car seat. Our current car seat is good for up to 29 inches. I need one which will convert from the rear facing to a front facing seat. If anyone has any suggestions, recommendations, etc.. it would make my searching much easier. I've also realized we are not going to be able to switch the car seat from car to car anymore and we are going to have to decide which car we will be using as a family car. It would make sense to use Ken's newer car.....or.....I can get a new one. MMmmmmm....looks like it might be Ken's car.

4 comments:

The Moerkes said...

I love Peyton's Britax Marathon. They are on the spendy side but will last a long time. Keegan was on his third car seat by the before he was 3. The Britax has the highest safety ratings and I love that the straps don't get all tangled up. You can find them on line for less and can find sites that you don't have to pay shipping. I did a search and saw some for $219. Whatever you get you want to make sure it fits in your car. You might want to look for a less expensive one for your other car so you don't have to worry about switching the car seat all the time.

StaceyC said...

Or you can always get 2 car seats!! We did exactly what Teresa said. We put the cheaper one in Mike's truck! I already told ya I love the Britax as well!!

Celebration Longs said...

I went online and looked at the Britax and others. All those car seats look HUGE!! I don't think they will fit it Ken's car. I did look at getting a different car. Guess it would be cheaper to buy two car seats.

The Moerkes said...

I believe Babies R Us will let you try the car seat out in your car so you can see if it would fit or not.