Sunday, May 4, 2008

We did it!



Steven and I participated in the March of Dimes Walk for Babies on Saturday. It was a three mile walk through downtown Kissimmee. They had water, snacks, and different vendors throughout the walk passing out goodies. I walked with my friend Stacey, her family, and co-workers. As the walk started a little boy came up next to me and wanted to see Steven. He was admiring Steven and then shared his story. He said he has two brothers but their baby brother recently passed away. I looked at this little boy walking and then looked at Steven and realized how blessed I am to be given a healthy little boy to raise and love. Steven truly is a gift and I hope Ken and I will do our best to raise him to be a loving independent person.

THANK YOU to everyone who donated for my team. We raised over $1,000 and I raised $285. We agreed we will see each other again next year, same time, same place!!!

Steven enjoying a little applesauce after his walk.

I did it!!!!

1 comment:

Courtney Long said...

that's great, shawna! congratulations. :)